Date of last revision: March 2022
1. Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to us for a variety of reasons, including to receive information, to make a donation, to participate in programmes and activities or to receive information about or become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Camp Quality NZ. This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, address, mobile number, e-mail address or the amount you have donated. If you make a donation to Camp Quality NZ you may provide us with credit card details and other information which will allow us to process the transaction. We may also request your preferences for receiving further information from us.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours and of course if you want to make a donation, or otherwise participate in Camp Quality NZ itself, we will require certain information from you in order to process your donation or register your participation. We may collect and store information you choose to provide.
2. How does Camp Quality NZ use the Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to us through our Website may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information or other communications about us
- to involve you in future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by us
- to market us and/or our campaigns and events via email if you have opted in to receive such communications from us
- to analyse statistics in relation to our community
- to otherwise further the purposes of Camp Quality NZ
3. Communication preferences:
Where you have agreed to receive our emails, we may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about Camp Quality NZ. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from us.
4. Security of your information:
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note that we do not store credit card information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by us may be shared with any entity within the Camp Quality NZ group.
Some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by us may be outsourced to third party external service providers. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect us to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, we may transfer your data outside of your own country, for processing, including analytics, and storage. This may result in your data being transferred to a country which has a lower standard of data protection than the country in which you reside. Wherever your data is transferred, it may be accessed by the courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement and national security authorities, according to the laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
6. Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by us. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 20 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by us is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Links to other websites:
Camp Quality NZ is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Website. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Website work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Website that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Website
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Website
- the device from which you accessed our Website
- the location from which you accessed our Website
We do not collect or use information for the purposes of online behavioural advertising.
Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Website then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of our Website, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our Website.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences
Further information about cookies
If you would like to find out more about cookies in general and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
9. This Section describes how campquality.myshopify.com (the “Site” or “we”) collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Information when you visit or make a purchase from the Site:
Collecting Personal Information
• Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
• Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
• Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
• Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
• Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
• Source of collection: collected from you.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.